Ben currently works as an Associate Biomedical Engineer at Ximedica in Providence, RI. • Firmware design for a pair of battery powered, handheld medical devices. Features include: closed loop motor control, Bluetooth low energy (BLE), I2C protocol, coulomb counter, capacitive touch
• Refined the power distribution strategy in a surgical robotic system to correct a latent defect
• Defined electrical requirements and preliminary hardware architecture for a Hemodialysis System.
• Coordinated electrical safety and EMI/EMC testing for Bluetooth enabled device (CE Mark, ITE device)
• Developed firmware for a cryptographic IC to prevent misuse and duplication of a disposable medical instrument
• Evaluated solutions to protect sensitive electronics inside a medical device undergoing sterilization and cleaning
- Location: Ximedica in Providence, RI
- Website: Link