The Department of Biomedical Engineering at the University of Rochester is hosting the first annual Biomedical Engineering Graduate Student Recruiting Fair on October 27th, 2017. The Fair provides a venue for undergraduate students to learn and explore opportunities from regional colleges and universities that have graduate programs of interest to Biomedical Engineering students.
Undergraduate students will have the opportunity to present their research in a special networking and poster session in the afternoon. This is an ideal venue for you, if you participated in a REU, or if you recently presented a poster at the national BMES meeting in Phoenix.
This event is sponsored by:
The Department of Biomedical Engineering at the University of Rochester, Center for Medical Technology & Innovation, and the University of Rochester Chapter of the Biomedical Engineering Society.[maxbutton id=”82″ url=”https://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/eventReg?oeidk=a07eenbarwrf10f0439&oseq=&c=&ch=” text=”Student Registration” ] [maxbutton id=”82″ url=”http://cmti.rochester.edu/bme-graduate-student-fair-institution-registration/” text=”Institution Registration” ]
Who should attend
- Faculty of major research engineering and science institutions
- Graduate Program Coordinators
- Any undergraduate student interested in Biomedical Engineering
Benefits of attending
- For faculty: The venue will gather together prospective students from several regional universities that are interested in attending graduate programs of participating institutions.
- For students: The symposium will allow students to become aware of programs and research opportunities at schools across the region. Students that register for the meeting will receive updates on the upcoming event and will receive a free gift from the CMTI. Registration is mandatory for all students that would like to present a poster at the networking session.
- 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM Registration, welcome, and lunch (Sloan Auditorium, Goergen Hall Atrium)
- 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM Open venue with tables for participating institutions (Goergen Hall Atrium)
- 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM Campus tour (TBD)
- 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM Fifteen-minute mini-presentations from participating institutions (Goergen Hall, Rm 109)
- 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM Poster session, graduate fair, and wine and cheese reception (Goergen Hall Atrium)
- Poster session will follow at 4:00pm, where faculty will have a poster on their topic(s) and can interact with prospective students and other faculty
- Concurrent to the poster session, college admissions representatives will be available to provide additional information to students
The Goergen Hall for Biomedical Engineering and Optics is located on River Campus at the University of Rochester. Please follow this link to a google map that can be used to generate directions from your location to our building. If you are using a navigator, please navigate to “Goergen Hall for Biomedical Engineering and Optics, Rochester, NY 14620.”
Where to stay
Staybridge Suites (Rochester University)
1000 Genesee Street Rochester, NY
Hilton Garden Inn
30 Celebration Drive, Rochester, NY