The CMTI follows a long-standing culture in design and innovation that has been part of the senior design course sequence since the inception of Biomedical Engineering at the University of Rochester.
Over the last fifteen years, BME students have completed over 150 projects including clinical devices, assistive technology, biomedical research instruments and protocols with MonoMano Cycling being the first student-founded corporation.
Our programs have resulted in:
- Over thirty invention disclosures, five provisional patents, and two US patent applications
- Seven winning entries in National Design competitions
- Three NY State Business Plan Competition winner
- Three winners in the Mark Ain Business Plan Competition
- Ten-year track record of success at the Forbes Engineering Entrepreneurship Competition at the University of Rochester